When you are buying or selling a property, the closing process is the final and most important step. At this point the seller and buyer are with the closing agent signing all legal documents required to transfer the property. By this stage of the closing process, the closing agent has gone through the title file and has made certain all requirements have been met, so that when the closing documents are executed and buyer’s funds, along with the lender’s funds, are in the escrow account the closing can be successfully completed.
In this blog post, we will discuss 5 Tips for a Successful Closing in Real Estate!
1. Come prepared with your driver's license(s) and any secondary photo ID the closing agent requires.
2. Be on time so that we can meet the time requirements of funding your transaction on your purchase/sale.
3. Bring your smile and enjoy our cool lobby this summer with a refrigerator full of cold drinks! The private conference room is available to ensure your privacy when signing your papers.
4. Feel free to ask the closing agent questions in your signing process, as we are here to make sure you do not leave with any confusion or questions.
5. Call us after closing if you receive any scam mail you are not certain about, as we can go over that with you.
We want to help make your closing experience a happy (and smooth) one!
Following these tips will help you have a successful closing in your real estate transaction!
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our closing agents at Skyway Title Services! Thanks for reading!